Note taking services are available to qualified students with disabilities. To begin note taking services, students must complete and submit an Accommodations Request Form with the DSPS office.
After the form is received, the student will be given a Note taker Request Memo to give to the instructor. The instructor will make an announcement to the class that a volunteer note taker is needed. The note taker will then need to go to the DSPS office to sign up to be the note taker. Please note: effective January 1, 2011, all note takers are volunteer only.
Disabled Student’s Responsibilities
- Complete and submit Accommodations Request Form with DSPS office
- Pick up yellow Note Taker Request memo for each registered class to give to instructor of each class.
- Inform DSPS office if notes are unclear, not enough information or not submitted in timely manner. These may be grounds to replace note taker.
- Inform DSPS office if you drop a class so note taking services may be terminated.
Note taker Responsibilities
- Complete and submit pink Note Taker Procedures and Contract with DSPS office.
- Bring original notes to DSPS office as soon as possible after class (preferably that day or the next day) to be copied for the student/s receiving notes. OR submit the notes via email to email@example.com. Send notes as an attachment with email subject of class information.
- In the event you will be absent from class, arrange for another student in class to take notes for that day.
- Inform DSPS office if you drop class so a replacement may be found. e in the class to take notes for you in the event you are absent from the class.