The Resource Center is a specialized computer lab which provides self-paced and individualized instruction. Students utilize a computer interactive approach to focus on remedial skills necessary for a successful college experience. This lab is conducted in a business-like manner and has flexible hours to fit busy schedules.
Students may take a one unit course or a one-half unit course in the following areas:
- Essentials for Living/Working
- Some or all of the following benefits can be achieved by using the Resource Center:
- Improve English skills
- Improve Language/Spelling skills
- Improve Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension skills
- Improve Elementary and Advanced Math skills
- Work on programs that provide specialized academic and pre-vocational support
- Increase confidence and self esteem
- Maximize opportunities for academic success and independence
- Foster behaviors in a manner that will transfer positively to the workplace
- Work on state of the art equipment and software
- Feel comfortable using the computer
- Open enrollment (Students may enter at any time during the semester)
Resource Center Policies And Procedures:
The following requirements must be met before a student can use the Resource Center:
- Be a registered student in the ACE program at Golden West College
- Enroll in a one unit or a half unit course
- Meet with the instructor to set up a folder and schedule
- Start working on the computer to improve skills
- Complete the number of hours required to get college credit
Hours of Operation*:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 - 9:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 - 5:00 pm
*Hours of operation are subject to change.
For more information, contact the Resource/High Tech Center at 714-895-8322 or the ACE office at 714-895-8721.
Golden West College Resource/High Tech Center
Computer Lab Policies
- Always make appointments.
- Always cancel appointments if you cannot come in, you can call 714-895-8322 (V) or 714-895-8313 (TTY) to leave a message. You can also stop by the office and let us know, or you can write us a note
- If you are 10 minutes late, your computer will be given to another student.
- If you forget to cancel your appointment three times, you will not be allowed to make another appointment for the rest of the semester. You will only be able to stop in and see if/when a computer is available.
- Please do not touch the equipment. A staff member will help you.
- Click left mouse button only.
- All students must follow the district policy on student conduct as stated in the golden west college handbook anyone not following the conduct policy will be asked to leave the lab.
- The computer lab is for student work only. You must be registered in the lab to use the computers. Please chat with your friends outside.
- Students are not allowed in the office space/area without permission.
- Students are not allowed to use the office equipment without permission.
- Students are responsible for bringing their own identification (ID card), pens, pencils, whiteout, and kleenex to the lab
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the lab at any time.
- Thank you for your cooperation.