Make an Appointment
Please follow these steps:
- Major selection: what do you want to study at Golden West College? See our majors for the AA degree, or career/technical certificate programs.
- Apply to GWC: http://goldenwestcollege.edu/admissions/application.html
- Check your email! Within 5-10 business days, you will have your college ID# and student portal login info.
- Do the online orientation in your MyGWC. This is required in order to get your Student Education Plan with a counselor.
- PREPARE YOURSELF! If you do not test at college level, you will take basic skills courses before you can reach college level. Basic skills classes do not count towards your degree. Get practice with these sample tests:
- English: for students whose first language is English, OR who completed most of education with regular English courses.
- English - English as a Second Language: for students who have not completed education with mostly regular English courses.
Math: You will choose from levels 2, 3, or 4.
Level 2 (Elementary Algebra): For students who have taken 1 year of high school algebra with a "C" grade or better.
Level 3 (Intermediate Algebra): For students who have taken at least 2 years of high school algebra and 1 year of geometry with a "C" grade or better in all courses.
Level 4 (Precalculus): For students who have taken at least 2 years of high school algebra, a semester of geometry and trigonometry with a "C" grade or better in all courses.
**If no appointments are available, it is because all appointments are full for the current month. For any closed test session, students may arrive 30 minutes early to get on a waiting list. For the following month's test schedule, please check back at the end of the month.
If you are unable to schedule an online testing appointment, please schedule in person (GWC’s Business Building Room 109) or contact us by phone at 714-892-7711 ext 51080.