Welcome to the Math Department @ GWC
The Golden West College Mathematics Department offers a number of programs to satisfy the diverse needs of its students:
- The Developmental/Remedial Program
The Developmental Program is designed for students who desire to improve their mathematics skills in Arithmetic, Prealgebra, Algebra, and Geometry.
- The K-8 Teacher Preparation Program
This Program is designed for students who desire to become K-8 Teachers
- The General Education Transfer Program
This Program is designed for students planning to transfer to four -year colleges or universities but are not committed to a major in Mathematics, the Physical or the Social Sciences.
- The Natural Science Transfer Program
This Program is designed for students majoring in Mathematics, Physical Sciences (i.e. Astronomy, Chemistry, Engineering, Geology, Physics), Life Sciences (i.e. Pre-medicine, Biology, Botany, Microbiology) In addition to these programs the department also offers free tutoring for students enrolled in mathematics courses at Golden West College .
- The department offers a comprehensive sequence of mathematics at the two-year college level from arithmetic through differential equations.
- All instructors possess Masters degrees in mathematics.
- Tutoring is available for any GWC math student..
- The department maintains two fully equipped computer labs with staff to assist GWC students in developmental/remedial math classes.
|Pete Bouzar [Chair]||714- 892-7711 ext. 52247||Math/Science firstname.lastname@example.org|
|John Dunham||714- 892-7711 ext. 51123||Math/Science email@example.com|
||714- 892-7711 ext. 51042||Math/Science firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lindsay Lewis||714- 892-7711 ext. 51108||Math/Science email@example.com|
|Doug Lloyd||714- 892-7711 ext. 51122||Math/Science firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dave Marino||714- 892-7711 ext. 52115||Math/Science email@example.com|
|Linda Ternes||714- 892-7711 ext. 52633||Math/Science firstname.lastname@example.org|