Download the Entire Fall 2008 Issue in PDF
In This Issue of Wavelength
- The Presidents Corner: Achieving Our Goals
- Rustler Round-Up: Men's Water Polo Making Their Mark
- Chefs for Scholarships: Fine Food, Fine Fund Raising
- Measure C Bond Update
- The Million Dollar Donation: The Frank M. Doyle Foundation Donates $1M
- WIN a 2009 Toyota Prius Hybrid
- Holiday Art Sale
- 2008 Night at the Races
- 148,104 Pounds of E-Waste
- Welcome Aboard
- Golden West Colleague: Brent Theobald
- Courtyard of Honor: GWC Alumni and Donors are Recognized
2008 Night at the Races
It’s hard to believe that the Instructional Planning Team (IPT) sponsored their eighth annual Night at the Races on Friday, October 17. This is a campus social and scholarship fundraising event which averages 175-185 attendees each year. Income generated will fund two $750 scholarships, with any additional proceeds going into an endowment fund.
Pictured right are Norma Pollaro and Karen Kuehner, from the Office of Instruction, who created the 25 baskets for the Silent Auction. Norma said they used an “Around the Calendar” theme for 12 of the baskets. There were a total of 48 items in the Silent Auction.
Congratulations to IPT for another great social event for a great cause!