Download the Entire Fall 2008 Issue in PDF
In This Issue of Wavelength
- The Presidents Corner: Achieving Our Goals
- Rustler Round-Up: Men's Water Polo Making Their Mark
- Chefs for Scholarships: Fine Food, Fine Fund Raising
- Measure C Bond Update
- The Million Dollar Donation: The Frank M. Doyle Foundation Donates $1M
- WIN a 2009 Toyota Prius Hybrid
- Holiday Art Sale
- 2008 Night at the Races
- 148,104 Pounds of E-Waste
- Welcome Aboard
- Golden West Colleague: Brent Theobald
- Courtyard of Honor: GWC Alumni and Donors are Recognized
148,104 Pounds of E-Waste
On October 4, Community Services held their fourth E-Waste community event, which collected a total of 148,104 pounds of electronics that will be recycled. Community Services is paid by the pound for TV picture tubes and computer monitors. To date they have earned $14,086.68.
The next E-Waste event is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, February 7, 2009. Sally Coffey, in charge of these events, is anticipating a huge collection of television sets in February. Many new TV sets will be sold during the holiday season as old style sets become outdated when nationwide television broadcasting converts over to digital transmission on February 17, 2009.
Volunteers are welcome for this next event. Contact the Community Services office at (714) 891-3991.