Spring 2020 Forms Page
Please read all of the information carefully, these instructions will help you complete the detailed Pre-Enrollment Requirements which have specific criteria. The following information is for admitted Spring 2020 students only.
Please complete the Clinical Questionnaire [PDF] and bring it in to the Nursing Office by November 15th, 2019. Office hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm, Friday 8:00am-12:00pm.
Official TEAS Score – You are required to send your OFFICIAL TEAS score to Golden West College, unless you took your TEAS here at GWC. You can order your official TEAS score from www.atitesting.com This is due December 18th, 2019
The following items will be completed through Complio which is an outside management system who works with Golden West College (GWC) to track your records. We do not accept paperwork in the office. After completion of your clinical requirements, you will scan and upload your documentation to your secure profile. Complio will monitor your requirements and notify you of annual renewals. Click here to create your Complio profile: http://www.gwccompliance.com You will need to select the Golden West Spring package which includes a background check, drug test and compliance profile. You must purchase all three items. Please read the following detailed instructions: Complio Instructions [PDF] | Complio Student Guide [PDF]
Items 1-2 are due November 15th, 2019 by 5PM. Items 3-6 are due December 18th, 2019 by 5PM.
1. Background Check – Create an account and follow the instructions given to you by Complio.
2. Drug Testing – Create an account and follow the instructions given to you by Complio. Please read the Drug Screen Information found at the bottom of the Complio website. You must complete your drug screening within 30 days of ordering. If you do not get your drug screening done within 30 days, you will be required to order and pay for a new drug screening.
3. Medical Examination Forms – Print the following form: Medical Examination Form [PDF].
4. Immunizations – These requirements are included on the Medical Examination Forms and listed on the Complio Instructions. Read both documents very carefully!!
NOTE: You must complete a two-step TB skin test (a test and a reading, then another test and another reading) or a QuantiFERON blood test. The two skin tests need to be scheduled 1-3 weeks apart from each other. Complete the TB Test first if you are planning to receive the MMR vaccine. You are required to have 2 of the 3 doses in the Hepatitis B vaccination series to begin the program. You will be dropped from the program if you do not have everything uploaded to your profile and approved by the deadlines above. – No exceptions. Do not submit your forms to the Nursing Office. You will upload your documents to Complio. Please keep in mind the processing time for approvals.
5. Malpractice Insurance Certificate – All students are required to purchase malpractice insurance from NSO while enrolled in the Nursing Program at GWC. NOTE: You must purchase the insurance that has a policy period that starts December 15th, 2019 and continues for one year (to December 15th, 2020). When completing the quick quote on the website, please select “Professional or Student” and “Individual,” “Registered Nurse” and then “Student.” Your expected Graduation Date is approximately December 10th, 2021. *If you are licensed or credentialed in more than one healthcare profession, and therefore need to apply for dual coverage, please call 1-800-247-1500.
6. CPR Card – You will have to search for a training site that is in accordance with the curriculum of the American Heart Association for the BLS Provider. An online class is not acceptable for CPR training. Your CPR card should have the emblem for the American Heart Association which is a torch with a heart on it. The card must be issued in November or December 2019. Your card will be good for 2 years. To locate and American Heart Association Training Center click here: http://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org/AHAECC/classConnector.jsp?pid=ahaecc.classconnector.home
Date: Wednesday, December 4th at 8:00am. Nursing Building 3rd floor
Your picture will be taken during Orientation. Please make sure that you look professional from the neck up. The picture will be used for your file and ID Badge. School is in session at this time so please remember to purchase a parking permit from a yellow box. A yellow box is located in the Edinger parking lot between the Nursing Building and the Criminal Justice Building.
some items will be added to this list so check back here for updates. Items need to be completed before the beginning of the semester. Pay attention to order deadlines or late fees will be charged.
1. Uniform Information – Go to http://kayuniforms.com/groups/golden-west-college/ to order your uniform. Do not purchase used uniforms from graduates. You are required to have at least 1 scrub set (Top, Pant, and Clinical Jacket)
2. Required shoes – a pair of all white smooth leather tennis shoes. Shoes must be closed heels and closed toes with NO visible colors or colored logos. Shoes may be purchased anywhere.
3. ATI Materials Instructions – ATI is a website that offers our students online assessments and tutorials. The flyer will be available at a later date. Please check back.
4. Student Lab Kit – The flyer will be available at a later date. Please check back.
5. Textbook/Lippincott Bundle – The Lippincott flyer will be available later. Book information will be posted on Canvas.
You will not be cleared to register for Nursing courses until all of your pre-enrollment requirements are complete. Do not contact the Enrollment Center requesting to be cleared to register. The Nursing Office will clear you when you have met all the pre-enrollment requirements. The soonest this will happen will be after Orientation. You may enroll in other college courses at your specific registration date.
If you are not a continuing student, you might need to reapply to the college for Spring 2020. Registration appointment dates will not automatically be issued if you are not a continuing student. Contact the Enrollment Center with questions regarding your registration appointment date.
You must register for the following two courses:
Nursing G130 – Health and Illness 1
Nursing G131 – Professional Nursing