MATH G030 & ENGLISH G098/G099 JUMPSTART PROGRAM
WINTER INTERSESSION 2018 (Starts JANUARY 2, 2018)
Golden West College is offering free review workshops during Winter Intersession 2018 for students who would like to improve their math or English academic abilities and retake the related placement test to potentially increase their placement level.
STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
• Improve math or English skills
• Attend workshops led by faculty members
• Participate in study sessions/open lab hours with trained tutors
• Retake the math or English placement test on completion of workshop (with instructor’s approval)
Who may participate in Jumpstart?
- GWC new or current students who want to improve their math or English skills or re-take the placement test
- GWC students who placed in Math G010, Math G030, English G098, or English G099, for Spring 2018
- GWC students who passed Math G010 or English G098 in Fall 2017
- GWC students who did not pass Math G010, Math G030, English G098, or English G099, in previous semesters
Students will be required to attend a mandatory orientation.
After successful completion of Jumpstart, students are requested to re-take the appropriate assessment test.
For English G098 and G099 Jumpstart – Winter Intersession 2018:
Orientation: Wednesday, January 3, 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Learning Resources Center 129
Workshop: Monday – Thursday, January 8 – 22 (no workshop January 12, 15 or 19), 10:00 am – 3:30 pm, Learning Resources Center 129
Instructor: Kat Olvey: email@example.com
For Math G030 Jumpstart – Winter Intersession 2018:
Orientation: Wednesday, January 3, 9:00 am – 11:00 am, Math & Science 227
Workshop: Monday – Friday, January 8 – 22 (no workshop on January 15), 9:00 am – 3:00 pm, Math & Science 227
Instructor: Anthony Barsha: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Martha Bergman at email@example.com.