The Digital Media program prepares students for careers in the expanding fields of digital media productions, audio engineering, audio technologies, web design, web development, graphics and multi-media communications, with an emphasis on critical thinking, written communication, and teamwork.
The Digital Media Arts program provides students the opportunity to gain fundamental skills in the application and use of digital tools such as audio engineering, audio technologies, video production, gaming, animations, and graphics in a project-based, hands-on environment.
Digital Media Arts degree and certificates were created by listening and responding to the needs of local industry experts.
- Robust faculty mentoring and frequent portfolio review support students as they prepare to continue their studies or pursue work as freelance artists or as employees.
- Students receive instruction and work in state-of-the-art green screen and infinity wall-stage technologies.
- Train on RED, Panasonic, JVC and Sony 2K and 4K cameras
- Learning from industry veterans and expert faculty with decades of experience.Offers certificate and degree programs program, that accommodates working
- Offers certificate and degree programs program, that accommodates working
- professionalsCurriculum includes instruction in writing and producing for digital media,
- Curriculum includes instruction in writing and producing for digital media,
- editing, production, streaming, video over IP and audio and recording technologiesClass sizes are kept small to allow for interaction and hands-on instruction
- Class sizes are kept small to allow for interaction and hands-on instructionCourses transfer to CSU and UC
- Courses transfer to CSU and UCRED
- RED Digital Cinema Educational InstitutionAvid Learning Partner for both Media Composer, Pro Tools and Sibelius
- Avid Learning Partner for both Media Composer, Pro Tools and SibeliusOffers industry Certification in Adobe Creative Suite, SSL, AVID, Pro Tools,
- Offers industry Certification in Adobe Creative Suite, SSL, AVID, Pro Tools, Sibelius
Digital Media Arts graduates are qualified to apply for entry level jobs in such diverse fields as multimedia industries, graphic design, education, advertising, computer science, television, film, recording engineering, recording technologies, corporate communications, graphic design, animation, web design, web development, audio engineering, video production, 3D modeling or other creative positions.
Most of the courses in this program transfer to the California State University (CSU) system and Private colleges and universities. Some courses are transferable to the University of California (UC) system.
Please see your GWC Counselor early in your studies to choose the transfer option that is right for you.
Warren S. Carter
Professor, Digital Media
B.A., Bluffton College; M.A., University of Pittsburgh; further graduate study: California State University at Dominguez Hills; University of California at Los Angeles; University of Southern California.