International Student Program (ISP)
Follow on Instagram
Location, Hours & Phone

1st floor, Student Services Center

Office Hours:
Mon – Thu: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Fri: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Closed Weekends and Holidays

Fax: 714-895-8973

Contact Info:
International Student Program
15744 Golden West Street
Huntington Beach, CA,

Majors & Certificates
Resources for Continuing Students

Frequently Asked Questions


What is the next step after I have been admitted?

Once you have been admitted, the International Student Program will issue you an I-20 Form along with an acceptance letter which provides instructions about the use of the I-20

How can I get my student Visa?

The student visa (F-1) application process must be completed through the U.S. Embassy/Consulate located in your country. Before you apply, contact the Consulate to verify the requirements for processing your student visa. Usually the requirements for a student visa are the following:

  • Current Passport
  • I-20 Form/Acceptance Letter
  • Affidavit of Financial Support
  • SEVIS and Visa Application Fee

Note: Other documents such as prior U.S. transcripts and I-20s may be requested.

Did You Hear the News about Dependents with F-2 Visas? They can Study at Golden West College!

The U.S. Department of State recently announced a big change in the U.S. visa regulations for F-2 visa holders (dependent spouses and children of F-1 students). As of May 29, 2015, spouses and children of F-1 students in the U.S. with valid F-2 visas may enroll in college courses for credit as long as their enrollment is less than 12 units each Fall and Spring semester. An F-2 visa holder interested in enrolling at Golden West College will have to meet the general admission requirements and follow the application procedures of the college. F-2 dependent applicants will need to either have graduated high school or be over 18 years old and apply for admission using the district website F-2 visa holders who are in high school and wish to attend the college should inquire with their high school counselor about how to apply as a high school student.

Are you an F-2 visa holder?

Please contact the Enrollment Center (714-895-8306) with questions about enrolling at Golden West.

When do classes begin and how long do they last?

GWC operates year-round. Full-semester courses are usually 16 weeks long, with Fall semesters beginning in late-August and Spring semesters in late-January. Summer classes are offered in sessions lasting from 4 to 8 weeks. There are also short-term courses that begin at different times within the year.

Once I arrive in Huntington Beach, what do I need to do?

Report to the International Student Program to complete the processing of your documents and for assistance in scheduling appointments on campus.

  • Take the assessment test
  • See your appointed academic counselor
  • Register for classes and pay your tuition
  • Attend the new international student orientation
  • Purchase your book
  • Attend class