Travel Insurance and Health Information

Study Abroad - Golden West College

Be sure to check with your doctor whether you need vaccines for the location you are traveling to. The CDC and WHO are good resources to check for local health issues at your destination as well, but your doctor is the primary authority on travel vaccines.

Health information: Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the World Health Organization.

Be sure to check that you have enough medication before you go abroad for your trip, it may not always be available abroad.

Travel health insurance is required for study abroad participants. You must purchase the GWC travel insurance provider, Student Insurance USA,. This is different from your regular American health insurance.