Academic CalendarEnrollment Services
Academic Calendars for 2017 – 2018
Winter Intersession 2018
January 2 – Intersession begins
January 15 – Martin Luther King Day (Campus Closed)
January 26 – Intersession ends
Spring Semester 2018
January 8 – Cosmetology classes begin (1st 9 wk)
January 29 – Spring Semester begins
February 15 – Spring Flex Day – no classes
February 16-19 – President’s Days (Campus Closed)
March 12 – Cosmetology classes begin (2nd 9wk)
March 26 – April 1 – Spring Break
April 2 – 2nd 8-week classes begin
May 27 – Spring semester ends
All dates and hours of operation are subject to change without notice.
Deadlines for refunds, fee cancellations, registration, and withdrawals are different for each course.
For specific course deadlines, please refer to one of the following:
Student Class Program/Web Schedule Bill (Available via MyGWC)
If a holiday falls on Friday, Saturday and Sunday classes will not meet. If a holiday falls on Monday, Saturday and Sunday classes will meet. Final examinations are held during regular class meeting times during the last week of the semester.
Short term classes (any course other than 16wk which would include Winter Intersession Courses and Summer Courses)
- 10% of the course – Last day to drop for a refund
- 20% of the course – Last day to drop and not receive a “W”
- 75% of the course – Last day to drop a course and receive a “W”
Students must officially withdraw from classes either online or in person by the specific deadline for each class. Refer to the Student Class Program/Web Schedule Bill on the Student tab of the MyGWC portal page as drop dates may vary from class to class. It is the student’s responsibility to officially withdraw from classes and to verify all withdrawals by printing the Student Class Program.
For all sessions
- If a holiday falls on Friday, then Saturday and Sunday classes will not meet.
- If a holiday falls on Monday, then Saturday and Sunday classes will meet.
- If a holiday falls on Monday and Friday, Saturday and Sunday classes will not meet.
- Final exams are held during regular class meeting time during the last week of the semester.
College reserves the right to cancel classes. All classes offered are based upon sufficient enrollment to economically warrant them. Classes may be cancelled as a result of low enrollment, State legislation, and financial considerations. When classes are cancelled due to low enrollment, every attempt will be made to help students adjust their academic schedules