Business/CTE Division

The Division Office is located just east of the LRC building

Business and Career Technical Education Division

Golden West College offers Career & Technical Education pathways in fields that require specialized training, certification, or state licensing. Many of our programs lead to an Associate in Arts Degree with courses that transfer to 4-year universities.

The Golden West College Business Department offers a variety of majors and certificates that lead to an Associate’s Degree, transfer to a four-year college or university for a Bachelor’s Degree, and provide preparation and training for careers in the public and private sectors. The Business Department has programs in each of its four disciplines: Accounting, Business Administration, Management, and Marketing.

Courses are taught by highly qualified faculty who are dedicated to the students they serve and provide them with the best education possible. In addition, they have been designed with the advice and counseling from advisory committee members who volunteer their time to keep our programs current with industry trends and technology advancements.

Federal Gainful Employment Reports

Use the link below to view Golden West College’s gainful employment reports. These reports provide you, the student, with important information regarding the costs, benefits and potential employment options of our certificate programs.
Federal Gainful Employment Reports

Business and CTE Departments

Chris Whiteside, Dean

Mary Wallace, Division Coordinator

Course Articulation- High School/ROP CTE Transitions

Many Career and Technical Education courses taken during high school, offered by the high school or ROP may be eligible for course articulation.  If a course has been articulated, there is an agreement in place between the high school/ROP and Community College stating that the student will receive credit for the course if they received an A or B in the course.

For students who want to earn college credit for their high school/ROP course:

  1. Enroll in a CTE Transitions course at your high school/ROP (see List of courses for your high school/ROP).
  2. Earn an “A” or “B” in the course.
  3. Receive a certificate from your teacher at the end of the course.
  4. Apply to Golden West College.
  5. Complete 12 units in the pathway of the articulated course.
  6. Submit the certificate or your high school/ROP transcript indicating the “A” or “B” in a tech prep class to a Golden West College counselor.
  7. College credit for CTE Transitions class will be awarded.