Administration Building, 2nd Floor next to EOPS and CARE programs.
Please call our center at (714)895-8111 to verify office hours, which are subject to change each semester.
The orientation is a PDF file with a link to a quiz at the end that you must pass to get your verification form.
The CalWORKs/Re-Entry Center At Golden West College provides specialized support services for students/participants who are receiving CalWORKs/TANF benefits.
We hope you enjoy your educational experience at Golden West College, and we look forward to helping you.
Linda K. York
The CalWORKs program embraces the diversity and uniqueness of all students. We are committed to assisting CalWORKs students in achieving their academic, career and personal goals through a supportive and individualized approach. Because we place a high value on individual growth and responsibility, we strive to assist students in achieving self-sufficiency by providing job development.
- Intake counseling
- Individualized academic, vocational, career and personal counseling with a CalWORKs program counselor to develop a long range student educational plan that is personalized for your educational/career goal
- Advocacy on your behalf with your county caseworkers
- Completion and processing of mandatory county paperwork on a monthly basis for participants to sustain supportive services through the county
- Ancillary support services for assistance with cost of textbooks
- Assistance in resume preparation and job interviewing skills
- Transportation – gas vouchers or bus passes
- School supplies
- Student Success Seminars (offerings subject to change each semester)
- Referral to outside agencies
- Information about special programs
How to Get Started in the Program
Student must complete the intake/post-intake process by meeting with a CalWORKs Intake Techinician and CalWORKs Program Counselor (total of 2 appointments).
Student must provide Welfare/Cash Aid verification dated the month he/she starts the intake process to enroll in our program.
- Student must make an appointment to see a CalWORKs counselor to complete a counseling appointment.
- Student must submit an admissions application to Golden West College which can be completed online. https://secure.cccapply.org/applications/CCCApply/apply/Golden_West_College.html
- Student must also take Math and English placement tests. For more information and to schedule an appointment go to http://goldenwestcollege.edu/assessment
- Student must bring in transcripts from any other colleges/universities attended.
- Student must complete this CalWORKs Online Orientation prior to his/her counseling appointment.
Click here to begin the CalWORKs Online Orientation
- Student must bring in current welfare verification as of the month he/she enters the GWC CalWORKs Program and caseworker information on the day of his/her counseling appointment.
Student must be on Welfare, receiving Cash Aid assistance.
Note: Food Stamps, Medi-Cal, SSI, Disability, Workman’s Compensation, Financial Aid are NOT considered Cash Aid. Also, individual/student must be receiving cash aid for himself/herself in addition to children. If children are only receiving cash aid, then individual/student will not qualify for our program.