The CalWORKs/Re-Entry program embraces the diversity and uniqueness of all students. We commit to assisting Re-Entry and CalWORKs students in achieving their academic, career and personal goals through a supportive and individualized approach. Because we place a high value on individual growth and responsibility, we strive to assist students in achieving self-sufficiency by providing job development and placement services.
- CalWORKs/Re-Entry Center staff and counselors are readily accessible to students.
- Provide individual counseling appointments to all program participants to develop Student Educational Plans and Long Term Plans, outlining courses needed for students to reach their educational/career goals.
- Successful procurement of outside funding for job developer position to provide job development and direct placement of participants into either non-paid internships, CalWORKs work-study or permanent employment.
- Offer the following specialized services to CalWORKs students:
- priority registration
- child care
- transportation assistance
- school supplies
- job development and placement
- Counseling 199: Employability Skills, taught by program counselors
- student success workshops
- Advocate for students on issues that would otherwise hinder them from reaching their educational/career goals. These issues may include:
- county social services
- child care
- behavioral counseling
- ancillary requests
For more information contact:
Linda York 892-7711 ext.58111 Re-Entry/CalWORKs Center
Naomi Yoshida-Tan 892-7711 ext.55212 Re-Entry/CalWORKs Center