GWC Alert is the Golden West College Emergency Notification System for mass notification designed to keep staff and students informed about emergencies.
GWC Alert Notification System
This will only be used in the event of actual emergency on campus, such as:
- Adverse weather conditions
- Campus or building closures
- Utility Failure • Earthquake
- Other Emergency
You will receive time-sensitive voice messages, text, and/or e-mails to your PRIMARY CONTACT information in MyGWC. Please check your student or staff contact information each semester to make sure that it is current.
INSTRUCTIONS TO UPDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- Login to your MyGWC account STAFF/FACULTY: If you are unfamiliar with MyGWC, please see the MyGWC Faculty Guidelines. If you cannot get into your account, please contact Human Resources to reset your information. STUDENTS: Please contact Admissions and Records to reset your information.
- Click on Employee or Student Tab
- In the Banner Self Service folder choose PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Click on Update Personal Contact Information
- Update information in all areas Make sure to check the boxes for “Emergency Alerts” Do not use extensions. The Banner System does not recognize extensions.
- When finished you must click on SUBMIT