GWC Online Scholarship Program
Applications are available from November-February on the Scholarship Office website.
Numerous scholarships are available to students attending Golden West College. Listed below is general information and the minimum qualifications for Golden West College Scholarships.
General Scholarships: When applying for a General Scholarship, submit ONLY ONE ONLINE APPLICATION. You will be considered for ALL scholarships listed under General Scholarships.
Minimum qualifications criteria for Golden West College General Scholarships.
1. You must have completed at least 12 units at Golden West College prior to the first day of the Spring semester
2. You must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.50, unless otherwise stated in scholarship criteria
3. You must plan to enroll in a minimum of 12.0 units at a college or university in the Fall semester. Some awards may not be transferable
4. Submit “unofficial transcripts” only through the Online Scholarship Application process
5. Submit “Personal Statement” only through the Online Scholarship Application process
Nursing Scholarships: When applying for a nursing scholarship, submit ONLY ONE ONLINE APPLICATION. You will be considered for all scholarships listed under Nursing Scholarships if you qualify.
Department/Program Scholarships: Submit a separate Online Scholarship Application for EACH department/program scholarship you are applying for. Special requirements could be requested for these scholarships such as letters of recommendation, essays, portfolios, information about your financial aid need, etc.
Required: All Online Applications will need students to attach a PDF copy of their UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT to your application and a well-written PERSONAL STATEMENT no more than one-page. Your personal statement is an important consideration during the selection process. Your statement should explain why you have chosen to attend college and what your future educational or career plans are.
*Scholarship funding is limited and meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that you will receive a scholarship. By meeting the minimum criteria listed above, you will be considered for awards that mandate “GWC General Criteria” for initial eligibility.
**Some awards are awarded by various departments on campus (Arts & Letters, Nursing, Math, Science, etc.). Based upon your major area, your application will be forwarded to the appropriate department for review if you qualify. Individual departments have their own criteria and committees that evaluate each applicant.