Golden West College Academic Senate
Academic Senate is an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters.
Meetings are on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. in Humanities 107.
Fall 2016 Meeting Schedule: September 13 & 27, October 11 & 25, November 8 & 22, December 13
Spring 2017 Meeting Schedule: February 14 & 28, March 14, April 11 & 25, May 9
The Golden West College Academic Senate’s mission is to serve its faculty, promote the best interests of higher education, and to represent the faculty in campus, district, and state level senate charges by carrying out the primary functions as delineated in the CA Code of Regulations, Title 5, section 53200, which includes both academic and professional matters, and consulting collegially with the local campus and district governing boards.
For additional information on the Academic Senate and its mission, please visit the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges.
- Recruit and nurture faculty leadership.
- Work with new faculty to create a welcome environment and transition into the GWC campus community.
- Increase participation in campus-wide committee work.
- Faculty professional development—now that position has been filled, work to increase training opportunities and faculty participation.
- Work with entire GWC community to celebrate 50th