Golden West College Academic Senate
Academic Senate is an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters.
Meetings are on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. in Humanities 107.
Fall 2016 Meeting Schedule: September 13 & 27, October 11 & 25, November 8 & 22, December 13
Spring 2017 Meeting Schedule: February 14 & 28, March 14, April 11 & 25, May 9
The Golden West College Academic Senate’s mission is to serve its faculty, promote the best interests of higher education, and to represent the faculty in campus, district, and state level senate charges by carrying out the primary functions as delineated in the CA Code of Regulations, Title 5, section 53200, which includes both academic and professional matters, and consulting collegially with the local campus and district governing boards.
For additional information on the Academic Senate and its mission, please visit the Academic Senate for California Community Colleges.
- Revision of Bylaws including clarification of election processes and procedures.
- Recruit and nurture faculty leadership.
- Increase participation in campus-wide committee work.
- Faculty professional development.
- Continue to support current efforts and future development of equity mindedness.