Nominations are now open for the
GWC Recognition of Student Excellence
The President’s Office and Academic Senate have partnered together to honor outstanding students for excellence in the classroom, campus community, or in their personal lives. Faculty members can help us recognize outstanding students who excel in these areas by nominating them for the GWC Recognition of Student Excellence!
Criteria for selection are as follows:
- An outstanding student is one who is rising up, rising above, has done or is doing something outstanding and noteworthy.
- An outstanding student does not always mean that they have a 4.0 and excel in the classroom. Students may be deserving of recognition for rising above adversity and for their selfless contributions to their family and community.
How will the student be recognized?
- Winners of this monthly award will be recognized at a Planning and Budget meeting.
- The student will not be asked to speak. However, the faculty member will be invited to recognize the student and read their nomination. If the faculty member is not able to attend the presentation, the Senate President will read the nomination entry on behalf of the faculty member. Both the student and the faculty member are not required to remain for the remainder of the Planning and Budget meeting.
Who can submit a nomination?
- A full or part-time GWC faculty member
The nomination process is ongoing so please feel free to submit a nomination whenever you find that special student or students who are deserving of recognition! The Senate Executive Board will select the recipient.
Please complete and submit the nomination form below! We thank you for your participation.