Requirements for Receiving VA Education BenefitsVeterans Education & Transition Services
Veterans Enrollment Services
- To apply for benefits, complete the application online. https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/
- In order to claim benefits, the student must have, as an educational objective, one of the following
(a) Associate Degree,
(b) Baccalaureate Degree,
(c) Certificate Program.
VA requires schools to all evaluate credits from all colleges and universities attended previously. Official (sealed) transcripts must be submitted as soon as possible after applying for admission. Students can then meet with a counselor to create a Student Education Plan (SEP).
Failure to submit transcripts or meet with a counselor for an SEP will delay certification for benefits.
Only courses directly applicable to their education program can be certified for VA education benefits.
- In order to ensure continuity of benefits, satisfactory progress must be made toward the stated major.
- Regular and prompt attendance in all class and laboratory sessions is expected of every student.
- Students using benefits must notify Veterans Enrollment Services of any changes in schedule immediately. To avoid overpayments, changes must be reported to the VA Processing Office promptly. If an overpayment occurs, the student will receive notice of a debt to the VA.