Student Records

Enrollment Services

Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Closed Weekends and Holidays
Phone: (714) 895-8306

Contact Us


Submitting Official Transcripts

Students that have completed classes at another accredited College or University, and wish to submit the transcripts for prerequisite clearance or for meeting degree/certificate requirements, may send Official transcripts to:

Golden West College
ATTN: Admissions & Records
15744 Golden West Street
Huntington Beach CA 92647

Or, if the sending institution sends official transcripts electronically via PDF, electronic transcripts can be emailed to The transcripts must be sent directly from the sending institutions authorized agent. GWC will not accept forwarded transcripts from the student.

How To Order a Transcript

Grades for the current semester will be available approximately 10 days after the last day of the term. If you are enrolled in the current semester and want your transcript to include those course grades, you can pre-order your transcript a few weeks before the semester ends.  Mark your request “after final grades are posted” and once grades are in the system and finalized, your request will be processed in the order it was received. GWC does not accept Special Handling (Rush) requests for the “end of semester” transcripts.

Official GWC transcripts are ordered online through Credentials Inc.

Golden West College contracts with Credentials, Inc. to accept transcript orders online via a secure website. Order your transcripts online using TranscriptsPlus®, which will facilitate your request. By using this service, you can expedite your transcript order and you’ll receive communication via email or fax regarding the status of your order. If you’re in a hurry to receive your transcripts, you can request special handling to guarantee that your request will be processed in two business days. There’s also an option to have your request sent via Federal Express.

Credentials Solutions has been retained as the designated agent for processing and sending official electronic transcripts on behalf of Golden West College. The electronic transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as the printed transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website that is provided during the delivery process. Credentials Solutions has been granted the authority to deliver all such electronic transcript requests on behalf of Golden West College and respond to any inquiries regarding transcript transactions.

Requests marked “pick up” are available at the Records counter located in the Admissions & Records. Photo Identification is required to pick up the order.  If you would like to have someone else pick up your transcript, you must give them written permission to do so.  The person must provide photo identification.

Among the benefits that you realize from online Transcript Ordering are:

  • Eliminate the need to come to the college to make the request.
  • Eliminate the delay created by submitting a written request by mail.
  • Convenient 24/7 access
  • Provide email or text communication with you while your order is being processed.
  • Ability to order multiple transcripts for multiple recipients(5) in one order
  • The convenience of paying for your transcript order with your credit card
  • Option for Electronic Delivery of transcripts to participating schools and other recipients

Current Students

► Official Transcripts

You may access this service and order official transcripts through the secure student portal as an option within your MyGWC. By using this secured personal access, you will not be required to sign a consent form releasing your transcript therefore expediting your order.

► Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts are accessible via your MyGWC.

Former Students

If you are a former student, you may access the online transcript ordering service by clicking on the link below. Your signed consent will be required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order that you can return via fax or mail.

Order your Transcripts Online


Transcript Fees
Rates as of July 1, 2016

No Charge The first two requests for transcripts and/or verifications of enrollment are free of charge. If you’re not sure how many transcripts/verifications you’ve requested in the past, you can contact the Student Records Office to confirm.
$5.00 each A $5.00 fee is charged for regular processing of each transcript. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing your request plus mailing time.
RUSH Fee Optional
For RUSH orders, we will provide a special handling service, which guarantees processing of your request within two business days of receipt for an additional $5.00 per copy ($10.00 total per copy).
Domestic Federal Express to main 48 states
Domestic Federal Express to Alaska or Hawaii
International Federal Express

Transcripts will be mailed to the address per your request.
If you do not receive your transcripts within 30 days, please contact the
Student Records Office at (714) 895-8306 or email


Grade reports are not mailed. Students may access their grades online by logging into their MyGWC site. Students also have the option of printing their own GWC unofficial transcript from their MyGWC. Semester grades are available online approximately 10 working days after the end of the semester (excluding holiday periods).


Student performance in courses is indicated by one of 10 grades. Grades which carry point value, and which are used in determining the grade point average (GPA), are as follows:

  • A – Excellent – 4 grade points per unit
  • B – Good – 3 grade points per unit
  • C – Satisfactory – 2 grade points per unit
  • D – Passing, less than satisfactory – 1 grade point per unit
  • F – Failing 0 – grade points per unit

To determine your GPA, divide the total number of grade points by the total number of units attempted for the grades of A, B, C, D and F (P and NP are not used in this calculation).

Pass/No Pass classes are not computed into GPA, but successful completion gives additional units of credit.

The following grades are not part of the GPA computation:

  • P – Pass, at least satisfactory – Unit credit granted (See Grading options)
  • NP – No Pass, less than satisfactory or failing – No units granted (See Grading options)
  • W – Withdrawal – No units granted
  • I – Incomplete – No units granted
  • IP – In Progress – No units granted
  • MW – Military Withdrawal – No units granted/No penalty
  • NG – Non-Graded – No units granted
  • RD – Report Delayed – No units granted
Grading Options
Pass/No Pass Grading Options

Students who enroll in courses designated “graded or pass/ no pass option” may change the grade by logging into MySite, clicking on Add/Drop Classes then clicking on the Grade Mode for the class you wish to change the grade option.
Grades Pass/No Pass sample
On the “Change Class Options” page, click on the drop down box and select the grade option then click on “Submit Changes”. Classes without a drop down do not have a grade option or the date has passed for choosing the grade option.
Change of Class options
Course level option

Print your Student Class Schedule/Web Schedule Bill to verify the grade option for your classes (Additional Information – GRD OPT).
Student Schedule Bill sample

After the class has started:
Students selecting this grading option must submit the Pass/No Pass Request Form to the Admissions and Records Office by the specified deadline for each course. (Please refer to your “Student Class Program(Web Schedule Bill)” in your MyCCC account). Requests can be submitted in person, by mail, or by fax (this information is listed on the form). If mailing, make sure the request is postmarked on or before the deadline date. Once the Pass/No Pass grading option has been requested, it can’t be reversed. Therefore, before selecting this option, students should consult with a counselor.
Requesting the Pass/No Pass grading option must be submitted electronically no later than the end of the third week of the term for full-term (16 week) courses or during the first 20% of the course for all other length courses.  For courses OTHER than full-term, the deadline is the same as the deadline for the “Last Day to Drop Without a Withdrawal” as printed on your Student Class Program (Web Schedule Bill).  You can find the various deadlines for your courses on your Student Class Program (Web Schedule Bill) – the link is on the Student Tab in your MyGWC account. 

Once the grade option deadline has passed, the grade mode (Standard Letter or Pass/No Pass) cannot be changed.  Before selecting this option, students should consult with a counselor. Generally, it is recommended that students select a letter grade in courses satisfying requirements for majors, general education, or for a high school course deficiency.

A maximum of 15 units of Pass/No Pass option coursework earned at an accredited college or university is counted toward the degree requirements for an Associate’s Degree.

Grades of “NP (No Pass)” are considered unsatisfactory and are counted towards progress probation and/or dismissal.

In courses where one performance standard determines unit credit, there is no option and only a “Pass” or “No Pass” is given.

Students are advised to read the following statements before deciding to pursue a course on a graded (“A” to “F”) or Pass/No Pass basis.

  • A grade of “Pass” or “No Pass” does not affect a student’s grade point average at Golden West College.
  • “NP”, “W”, and “I” grades are utilized by Golden West College in the determination of academic probation and disqualification. (Refer to college regulations concerning “Probation/Disqualification.”)
  • Courses taken at Golden West College to remedy an admissions deficiency for the University of California due to poor or incomplete high school preparation are not acceptable if completed on a “Pass/No Pass” basis.
  • Students required to complete 60 units of course work with a grade point average of 2.4 prior to transfer to a University of California campus, such as Irvine , must complete at least 42 of these units on a graded (“A” through “F”) basis.
  • Some universities may specify that courses required for a major be completed on a standard grade basis (“A” through “F”).
  • Some universities specify that courses taken to satisfy general education breadth requirements be completed on a standard grade basis (“A” through “F”).

Some institutions limit the number of units completed on a “Pass/No Pass” basis which are accepted toward the bachelor’s degree. Students planning to apply to competitive admissions programs such as the health professions are usually advised to complete the specified preparation on a graded basis (“A” through “F”)

Verification of Enrollment

Current students (Students with MyGWC Access)

NOTE: Third-parties wishing to verify attendance and degrees must contact the National Student Clearinghouse directly at

Enrollment Verifications can be requested 2 weeks prior to the start of each term.

Log into MyGWC. Click on the “Verify Enrollment” link under “Quick Links” You will be redirected to the National Student Clearinghouse website. There is no charge for use of this service!

You will be able to select:

1. Obtain an Enrollment Certificate (Choose “Current Enrollment” or “All Enrollment” before clicking on link. Print Enrollment Verification Certificate.
2. View Enrollment Information on File
3. View Student Loan Deferment Notifications
4. View Proofs of Enrollment

Former Students (Students without MyGWC Access)

NOTE: Third-parties wishing to verify attendance and degrees must contact the National Student Clearinghouse directly at

There are two ways to request a verification of your enrollment, attendance, and/or GPA at Golden West College:

Option 1: Via Mail
You can request your verification by mailing a Verification of Enrollment Request Form [PDF] or write a letter and mail it with the appropriate fees to:

Golden West College
Verifications/Student Records
15744 Goldenwest Street
PO BOX 2748
Huntington Beach CA  92647

Option 2: In Person
You may come in-person to the Records Office to request a verification of enrollment and/or degree. However, we do not offer on demand services. You may opt to pay the special handling fee so that your request will be available for pick up two business days later, or we can mail it once it has been processed. Photo identification is required at the time the request is made.

Verification Fees

No Charge The first two requests for transcripts and/or verifications of enrollment are free of charge. If you’re not sure how many transcripts/verifications you’ve requested in the past, you can call the Records Office to confirm.
$5.00 each A $5.00 processing fee is charged for regular processing for each verification. For verification requests submitted by mail or in-person, please allow 3 business days for processing your request plus mailing time.
An additional $5.00 We provide a special handling service for in-person and mail requests, which guarantees processing of your request within one business day of receipt for an additional $5.00 per copy ($10.00 total per copy). If you are mailing your request and chose to pay the special handling charge, please write “RUSH” on the outside of the envelope and allow additional time for mailing.
1098 T Information

American Opportunity Tax Credit (Formerly Hope Tax Credit) Form (1098T)

Students, who registered during a calendar year, will receive a 1098T American Opportunity Tax Credit Form for that year.  These forms are available via MyGWC (for tax years 2009 and  later). The forms will be posted no later than January 31st for the preceding year. Previous years forms are available throughout the year.  The form indicates the amount of fees charged during the calendar year (regardless of which term the charges were for).  Forms will be mailed unless you Opt-In to receive the form electronically online. Once you Opt-In you can only receive the form online. You will not receive a American Opportunity Tax Credit Form (1098T) if you did not supply the college with your social security number at the time you applied to GWC.

What is a 1098T?

The 1098T form is for your use when preparing your taxes.

The 1098T form will be provided by January 31st of each year for the previous calendar year.

Frequently asked Questions by Golden West College Students:1.

1. Is this form a bill?

No, it is not a bill nor a request for payment.

2. Is this form a source of income that I must include on my tax forms?

No, this form is a statement of the amount of enrollment and health fees charged to your student account in the prior calendar year.

3. How is the amount determined?

It will include the amount charged for enrollment fees.

It includes charges made during the prior calendar year, without regard to the semester the charges apply to. For example, if a charge was processed by the District in December 2017 for the Spring semester beginning January 2018, the charge would be included on the 1098T for calendar year 2017.

4. Who do I contact if I think the information is incorrect?

It is important to remember that the amount on this form consists of charges assessed by the District in a calendar year.

Please read the complete FAQ for answers to questions:
1098T FAQ

If you still have questions regarding the current year’s 1098T, please contact Admission & Records.

5. Who do I contact if I cannot access my 1098T?

If you have accessed your MyGWC account within the past 365 days, log into your MyGWC account and access the 1098T online. If you cannot access your MyGWC account, submit a service request to Support Services at the following link Technical Support.

If you have not accessed your MyGWC account in the last 365 days you may come to MyGWC, to the first floor of the Student Services Building or complete the Duplicate 1098 T Request Form [PDF] to obtain a copy of the 1098T. Requests for duplicate 1098T forms can only be fulfilled if the students SSN or TIN is on file prior to March 1st of the year being requested.

6. I get an “information missing” message when I try to access my 1098T online.

You did not supply your Social Security Number or Tax ID number when you applied. You must go to the Admission & Records in the Student Services Center and show your Social Security Card or Tax Id information to be able to receive a 1098T. The Social security Number or Tax ID Number must be supplied before March 1st of the reporting year. GWC is not able to provide a 1098T if the SSN or TID is not on file by March 1st. There are no exceptions!

For additional information, you may access the 1098T FAQ on the Coast District website.

For tax information or if you have additional questions or concerns please consult your tax advisor or contact the Internal Revenue Service Center.

Visit the IRS website at