New Student Registration Checklist
1. Apply to GWC
You will receive a confirmation email with your GWC Username and Password, directing you to complete MAP (My Academic Plan)
2. Complete MAP (My Academic Plan)
You will need your GWC Student ID#
* Self-Placement for English and Math
* Selection of some General Education courses
* Declare your Major or Pathway
3. Complete your Online Orientation
You will need your GWC Username and Password for your MyCoast Portal.
If you experience technical issues with your Password Reset, let us help!
Once you complete your MAP and Online Orientation, Counselors will be working on your Student Educational Plan (SEP).
When you get our email with information about your Student Educational Plan, follow your NEXT STEPS FOR REGISTRATION and you’re ready to register.
4. Complete your Next Steps for Registration
• View your Student Educational Plan (SEP)
• Use Schedule Planner to plan your classes and schedule
• Check your Registration date
• Set your alarm to register!
Don’t forget to file your FAFSA – Let us help you pay for college
Code is: 001206
New Student Counseling
One of the most important pieces about coming to college is understanding what the college has to offer you and meeting the community that supports you. We want to connect you with Counseling. We invite all new incoming students to call in to sign up for one of these upcoming live sessions with Q&A session at the end, or view the pre-recorded session below (No Q&A session included).
COUNSELING – (714) 895 – 8119 x.1
Thursday, July 16 (Sign Language Interpreter will be present for this session)
Thursday, July 23
Wednesday, July 29