Submitting Official Transcripts

Please Note: During the on-campus closure, transcripts that are submitted by mail will not be uploaded or reviewed until the on-campus closure has ended. We recommend submitting transcripts electronically to avoid this delay in processing.

If the sending institution sends official transcripts electronically via PDF, electronic transcripts can be emailed to The transcripts must be sent directly from the sending institutions authorized agent. GWC cannot accept forwarded transcripts from the student.

By Mail
Students that have completed classes at another accredited College or University, and wish to submit the transcripts for prerequisite clearance or for meeting degree/certificate requirements, may send official transcripts to:

Golden West College
15744 Golden West Street
Huntington Beach CA 92647

Ordering of Official Transcripts

Current Students
You may access this service and order official transcripts through the secure student portal as an option within your MyGWC account. By using this secured personal access, you will not be required to sign a consent form releasing your transcript, therefore expediting your order.

Once logged in to your MyGWC account, click on the My Records tab. Under the Transcripts section, select Order Official Transcripts.

Former Students
If you are a former student, you may access the online transcript ordering service by clicking on the link below. Your signed consent will be required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order that you can return via email to

Order your Transcripts Online

Check the Status of Your Transcript Order

ATTENTION! Please contact Credentials Inc. Customer Service at 847-716-3005, hours of operation: M-TH 7 am – 8 pm Central Time and Fridays 7 am – 6 pm Central Time, with questions regarding the transcript process.

DISCLAIMER: You are responsible for providing accurate mailing addresses. Replacement transcript requests resulting from inaccurate mailing addresses are subject to the normal transcript fee. We are not responsible for mishandling by the U.S. Post Office or the receiving school or agency.

Unofficial Transcripts

Current Students
Unofficial transcripts are accessible via your MyGWC account. Once logged in to your MyGWC account, select the My Records tab and then select Unofficial Transcripts under the Transcript section of the page.

Former students who no longer have access to their MyGWC portal will be required to order a PDF of their Official Transcript. For directions please review the Official Transcript directions.

Transcript Fees

Rates as of July 1, 2016

No Charge The first two requests for transcripts and/or verifications of enrollment are free of charge. If you're not sure how many transcripts/verifications you've requested in the past, you can contact the Admissions & Records Office to confirm.
$5.00 each A $5.00 fee is charged for regular processing of each transcript. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing your request plus mailing time.
RUSH Fee Optional $5.00 For RUSH orders, we will provide a special handling service, which guarantees processing of your request within two business days of receipt for an additional $5.00 per copy ($10.00 total per copy).
$20.00 per recipient Domestic Federal Express to main 48 states
$23.00 per recipient Domestic Federal Express to Alaska or Hawaii
$43.00 per recipient International Federal Express

Transcript Policies

  • Transcript orders will NOT be processed until all outstanding debts and/or holds are cleared.
  • The first two transcripts and/or verifications (lifetime) ordered are free. If you do not believe you have had your two free items, please select the option under Special Order Condition(s) on the Order Options tab of the online transcript order form.
  • Grades for the current semester will be available approximately 10 days after the last day of the term. If you are enrolled in the current semester and want your transcript to include those course grades, you can pre-order your transcript two weeks before the semester ends. Mark your request after final grades are posted and once grades are in the system and finalized your request will be processed in the order it was received. GWC does not accept Special Handling (Rush) requests for the end of semester transcripts.
  • Requests marked pick up are available at the Admissions & Records counter located in the Student Services Center. Photo Identification is required to pick up the order. If you would like to have someone else pick up your transcript, you must give them written permission to do so. The person must provide photo identification.
  • In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, records may not be released to a third party without the written, signed authorization of the student.
  • If you do not receive your transcripts within 30 days, please contact theAdmissions & Records at 714-895-8306 or email

back to top



You may obtain semester grades using the following options:

Option #1 MyGWC View/Print your Unofficial Transcript 
Grades for the most recent semester are available via the MyGWC portal approximately 10 working days after the end of the semester. This option is available to current students only.

Option #2 Order an Official Transcript
If you need an official copy of your transcript, which includes all coursework taken at Golden West College, please make sure you mark after grades are posted on your transcript order to ensure that your most recent semester grades appear on your transcript. Semester grades are available approximately 10 working days after the end of the semester (excluding holiday periods.) Official transcripts can be ordered online through your MyGWC account or through Credentials, our third-party transcript ordering service.

NOTE: If you need your grades before the official transcripts are available, you can complete an Early Grade Report. You may pick up the form at the Admissions & Records counter up to three weeks before the course ends and ask your instructor to sign it. This will act as a temporary grade report until official grades are available.


Student performance in courses is indicated by one of 10 grades. Grades which carry point value, and which are used in determining the grade point average (GPA), are as follows:

  • A Excellent 4 grade points per unit
  • B Good 3 grade points per unit
  • C Satisfactory 2 grade points per unit
  • D Passing, less than satisfactory 1 grade point per unit
  • F Failing 0 grade points per unit

To determine your GPA, divide the total number of grade points by the total number of units attempted for the grades of A, B, C, D and F (P and NP are not used in this calculation).

Pass/No Pass classes are not computed into GPA, but successful completion gives additional units of credit.

The following grades are not part of the GPA computation:

  • P Pass, at least satisfactory Unit credit granted (See Grading options)
  • NP No Pass, less than satisfactory or failing No units granted (See Grading options)
  • W Withdrawal No units granted
  • I Incomplete No units granted
  • IP In Progress No units granted
  • MW Military Withdrawal No units granted/No penalty
  • NG Non-Graded No units granted
  • RD Report Delayed No units granted

Pass/No Pass Grading Options

Students who enroll in courses designated graded or pass/ no pass option may change the grade by logging into MySite, clicking on Add/Drop Classes then clicking on the Grade Mode for the class you wish to change the grade option.

back to top

Verification of Enrollment

How to Request a Verification of Enrollment

Option 1: Via Mail You can request your verification by mailing a Verification of Enrollment Request Form [PDF] with the appropriate fees to:

Golden West College
Admissions & Records
15744 Goldenwest Street
Huntington Beach CA 92647

Option 2: In Person
You may come in-person to the Records Office to request a verification of enrollment and/or degree. However, we do not offer on demand services. Photo identification is required at the time the request is made.

Option 3: Email
You can request your verification by emailing a Verification of Enrollment Request Form to Meredith Carr at

Verification Fees

No Charge The first two requests for transcripts and/or verifications of enrollment are free of charge. If you're not sure how many transcripts/verifications you've requested in the past, you can call the Admissions & Records Office to confirm.
$5.00 each A $5.00 processing fee is charged for each verification. Verifications take 2-3 business days to process. For verification requests submitted by mail or in-person, please allow 2-3 business days for processing your request plus mailing time.

back to top

1098 T Tax Form

American Opportunity Tax Credit (Formerly Hope Tax Credit) Form (1098T)
Students, who registered during a calendar year, will receive a 1098T American Opportunity Tax Credit Form for that year. These forms are available via MyGWC (for tax years 2009 and later). The forms will be posted no later than January 31st for the preceding year. Previous years forms are available throughout the year. The form indicates the amount of fees charged during the calendar year (regardless of which term the charges were for). Forms will be mailed unless you Opt-In to receive the form electronically online. Once you Opt-In you can only receive the form online. You will not receive a American Opportunity Tax Credit Form (1098T) if you did not supply the college with your social security number at the time you applied to GWC.

GWC is not able to provide a 1098T if the SSN or TID is not on file by March 1st. There are no exceptions!


What is a 1098T?

The 1098T form is for your use when preparing your taxes.

The 1098T form will be provided by January 31st of each year for the previous calendar year.

Frequently asked Questions by Golden West College Students: 1.

1. Is this form a bill?

No, it is not a bill nor a request for payment.

2. Is this form a source of income that I must include on my tax forms?

No, this form is a statement of the amount of enrollment and health fees charged to your student account in the prior calendar year.

3. How is the amount determined?

It will include the amount charged for enrollment fees.

It includes charges made during the prior calendar year, without regard to the semester the charges apply to. For example, if a charge was processed by the District in December 2017 for the Spring semester beginning January 2018, the charge would be included on the 1098T for calendar year 2017.

4. Who do I contact if I think the information is incorrect?

It is important to remember that the amount on this form consists of charges assessed by the District in a calendar year.

Please read the complete FAQ for answers to questions:

1098T FAQ

If you still have questions regarding the current years 1098T, please contact Admission & Records.

5. Who do I contact if I cannot access my 1098T?

If you have accessed your MyGWC account within the past 365 days, log into your MyGWC account and access the 1098T online. If you cannot access your MyGWC account, submit a service request to Support Services at the following link Technical Support.

6. I get an information missing message when I try to access my 1098T online.

You did not supply your Social Security Number or Tax ID number when you applied. You must go to the Admission & Records in the Student Services Center and show your Social Security Card or Tax Id information to be able to receive a 1098T. The Social security Number or Tax ID Number must be supplied before March 1st of the reporting year. GWC is not able to provide a 1098T if the SSN or TID is not on file by March 1st. There are no exceptions!

For additional information, you may access the 1098T FAQ on the Coast District website.

For tax information or if you have additional questions or concerns please consult your tax advisor or contact the Internal Revenue Service Center.

Visit the IRS website at

back to top