Dual & Concurrent Enrollment

SUMMER/FALL 2023 GWC Classes
High school students can begin registering for Summer classes on May 10, 2023 and Fall 2023 registration begins June 1, 2023. Complete your release form early to make sure you are ready to register! Click the links below for more information.

HBUHSD Students 

All Other High Schools 


College Credit for High School Students

At Golden West College we are dedicated to helping high school students throughout our district achieve college and career readiness. In partnership with local high schools, we are striving to support students' needs by:

  • Offering students opportunities to enroll in college-level courses to support high school graduation rates;
  • Increasing the number of students who are college and career ready upon graduating from high school;
  • Increasing students preparation to transfer to four-year colleges and universities starting in high school; and
  • Developing seamless Career Education pathways from high school to community college.

At Golden West College there are multiple ways students can earn college credit while still in high school:

Dual Enrollment
Students enroll in a GWC course offered as part of a College and Career Access Pathways (CCAP) partnership agreement between the Coast Community College District and a local high school district. The classes are taught either at a local high school campus during school hours or on GWCs campus. Classes taught at a high school are restricted and are only open to high school students. These courses are completely free for students, and students receive both high school and college credit. Students must complete the online application to Golden West College and submit the Dual Enrollment Consent Form to register.
Concurrent Enrollment
Students enroll in GWC courses offered on our campus or online with approval from their high school. Enrollment fees are waived but college-related fees apply. Students are also responsible for the cost of any books and supplies. Students receive college credit for courses taken, but their high school will determine if they are able to receive dual credit towards their high school graduation requirements as well. Students must complete the online application to Golden West College and submit the Concurrent Enrollment Release Form to register.


Advanced Placement
Students may also earn college credit by passing Advanced Placement (AP) exams with a score of 3 or higher. Please see your high school guidance counselor for more information.

Contact us

Office of Guided Pathways & Dual Enrollment
Phone: (714) 892-7711