EOPS, CARE, NextUp, and Guardian Scholars Programs are committed to the success of our students during this most challenging time. In the midst of the public health crisis due to COVID-19, GWC has taken measures to keep students, employees, and the greater community safe. At this time, we are committed to continuing to provide services to students during this period via online, email, or over the phone.
We will do our best to respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible. Should you not be able to reach someone, please leave a voicemail, and we will return your call. We thank you for your patience during the influx of online activity.
You can find the answers to many questions here on our website: www.goldenwestcollege.edu/eops/
In addition to this, please refer to the following list of contact information for our various departments.
- Mode of Communication: The primary mode of communication to program participants while we operate remotely will be the email address on file with the college as listed in the MyGWC Portal.
Scheduling a Contact Appointment: Students are encouraged to contact our programs via phone or email during business hours to schedule a “contact” appointment as required by the program.
Counseling appointments, including educational planning and academic support services, will be provided via ZOOM. All contact appointments will be scheduled for 30mins.
Students can also schedule EOPS/CARE/NextUP/Guardian Scholars appointments online at:https://esars.gwc.cccd.edu/esars/eops/eSARS.asp?WCI=Init&WCE=Settings
- Student Success Teams: To ensure the success of our students in the programs, we have implemented student success teams who will be actively contacting program participants during this period of time. The intention is to provide direction, support, and serve as a liaison for services.
- Direct Student Aid: During this period, all direct aid will continue to be administered electronically through the Financial Aid Office.
- Program Workshops: Currently, workshops have been postponed. As this information changes, program participants will receive email communication with updated information.
- General Inquiries, Questions or Concerns: Students with general questions about the program or their continued eligibility may call or email during regular business hours for general questions.