The California Dream Act application allows eligible students enrolled in California Colleges, Universities and Career Education Programs to apply for state and institutional financial aid.
The California Dream Act (CDA) application is overseen by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) and should be completed by students who may be eligible for California state aid programs only under the AB540 status.
Students who have a Social Security Number that was issued after completing the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) process must file the Dream Act application. These Social Security cards will say “Valid For Work Only With DHS Authorization.”
To be eligible to file a CA dream act application, student must
• Attended a California high school for three or more years
• Graduated from a California high school or equivalent
• Enrolled in a public California college or university
• If required, you will need to complete an affidavit stating you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for paper immigration status.
If you meet the above criteria go to https://dream.csac.ca.gov/ to complete the dream act application.
Golden West College school code 00120600
You could be eligible for the following types of aid
• California College Promise Grant (Formerly known as board of governors fee waiver)
• Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG)
• Chafee Grant
• Assistance from EOPS/CARE/ Next UP/CalWORKs
o EOPS/CARE/Next UP/CalWORKs require a separate application. Contact each department for more information.